DIRECTOR OF CONTENT MARKETING
- Is a storyteller in both voice and visuals, able to compel and convert.
- Prioritizes the relationship with our students and the effectiveness of our content to truly make their lives better, while increasing revenue so we can expand our impact.
- Looks for the simplest, most essentialist approach.
- Thinks creatively and sees around corners for the next dominos a decision will lead to. Systematically strategizes, creates, and executes.
- Oversees a team of creatives including a graphic designer, video editor, web developer, photographer.
- Serves as the bridge between the marketing and creative teams, making sure goals of both are being met.
- Can write in the voice of Hilary (the CEO) -- emails, Instagram posts, advertisements, articles -- as well as elevate the branding, aesthetic, and story.
- Has an excellent eye for aesthetics to direct content for this personal styling and beauty emphasizing brand
- Has performed a similar role for businesses with annual revenue of at least 5 million
Ie. marketing director, copy chief, etc
- Based in North America (the office runs on Eastern time)
- Has managed a budget of $25,000/month
- Has managed a team
- Considers self more of a storyteller or marketer than an art director
- Has the eye and ear to create content for a personality based style brand
THE DIRECTOR OF CONTENT MARKETING USES STORYTELLING + CONTENT TO INCREASE RELATIONSHIPS + SALES
If a project requires 10 steps, The Director of Content Marketing has Steps 1-2 (idea and strategy stage convos) with exec team, oversees the creation and development, then brings it back to exec team in Steps 8-9 to complete it, pushing it live in Step 10.
CREATE ELEGANT, EFFECTIVE CONTENT
- Improves courses and products, while leading new courses and product development.
- Elevating the voice and visuals of the brand in existing and expanding content, whether in copy writing or art direction for this highly aesthetic brand.
- Increases depth of relationship with audience through the creation of beautiful and powerful content, courses, and products.
- Can lead the voice, visuals, and strategy of every step in the customer experience, thinking through the customer journey, story, UX, and asking “what next” after this interaction/optin/purchase experience.
- Leads the content and promotions calendar, weaving in stories and themes, repurposing existing content and proposing new content that will most effectively communicate the story, deliver value, and sell.
- Works with the project manager and marketing team to execute, then analyzes data to make improvements for future campaigns.
- Grow our subscriber list by expanding into new sources of traffic, repurposing existing content, and proposing effective solutions for the creation of new content.
- Improve the UX of existing forms of traffic for increased engagement to the podcast, Instagram, etc.
BECOME THE BRIDGE BETWEEN CREATIVE AND MARKETING
- Identify issues before they reach the CEO to give edits or ask clarifying Q’s, makes sure what’s presented to her is the cleanest and closest-to-done version.
- Serve as the bridge between the marketing and creative teams, making sure the goals of both are being met, and removing roadblocks in the creative/technical implementation process.
- Reports directly to the CEO, each having seats on the creative and marketing teams, understanding brand decisions from both angles combined.
To apply, please proceed to fill out our online application