Dean Street Society is seeking a book designer for our upcoming style book. The non-fiction work will rely heavily on design throughout from photography to font to illustrations. We're seeking someone with experience in designing for publication whether magazine or book. Based in NYC strongly preferred.
- Cover and interior page design including page layout, typography, and illustrations
- Design custom and innovative cover design from start to finish
- Ensure files are accurate and ready to print according to prescribed specifications
- Expert level knowledge of publishing and design, as well as programs including Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the design, structuring, layout, and production of professionally printed, bound, and manufactured books.
- Art/design degree or equivalent work experience
- Superior attention to detail required. Must be able to identify and resolve format/component issues in large manuscript files
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must exhibit discipline with regard to daily responsibilities
- Experience working in entrepreneurial, fast-paced environments will be preferred
- This is a short term contract position for the duration of the project
To apply, please proceed to fill out our online application
Candidates must include design samples or links to design samples with their online application.