Say hello to this month's #StyleMe Instagram Challenge with #StyleMeMarch!
If this is your first time to join us, here's the no-rules-principals:
1. There are no rules. Join for one day or hold yourself accountable to all 31. Whatever works best for you. But don't opt-out of this free inspiration because you've decided you have to do it perfectly! Progress over perfection, m'dear.
2. Each day let the prompt inspire you to see your closet with fresh eyes. If you don't have something that's quite right, get creative! Do the opposite, use an accessory, etc.
3. Try not to shop. If one of the prompts points out a hole in your closet that you'd really love to fill, that's one thing. But my heart is that we make better use of the closets we've already invested in, rather than an urge to buy more.
4. Snap a self-photo and share it on Instagram using #StyleMeMarch and/or elsewhere on social or your blog.
5. Encourage beauty. The Dean St bettys are one of the kindest groups on the interwebs. Be generous with your likes and your words of affirmation, sharing only positivity and words that will make one another authentically glow.
Now go forth and spread the love! Would your followers be giddy over this free gift? Share away on Pinterest, Instagram, your blog oh my.
Need some inspiration about how powerful this little calendar can be? Here's two stories I heard when I met Dean St bettys while speaking at the Alt Summit conference last month:
"I have to tell you how much #StyleMe meant to me. My husband was in the hospital this fall + to be totally honest #StyleMe was the thing that got me out of bed most days. I was so depressed + knowing that I had that creative outlet to start my mornings with really gave me a little joy to start my day with + the community helped me to feel like there was an accountability to get dressed, change out of my pajamas + embrace the day."
"I wanted to let you know how grateful I am for your #StyleMe challenge. I did it this fall when I was 4 months pregnant + honestly just hated my body. I've always struggled with my weight + here I was gaining weight but not looking pregnant yet -- getting dressed, dealing with clothes, trying to look cute was just the last thing I wanted to do. But the daily challenges helped me to get out of my own head, see my closet with fresh eyes like you say + I swear I found so many cute outfits I never would have on my own."
Also, last month I was tagged in an Instagram photo when a Dean St betty from Seattle flew to London to meet up with two gals she'd met on Instagram through the #StyleMe challenge. New friends, round the world.
Here's to daily joy, loving our bodies and making new relationships this month, m'dear ...